I was familiar with the story of how God defeated the Midianites through Gideon and his army of 300 men, but I never paid attention to the dream that gave Gideon encouragement. This morning, while reading Judges 7, I stumbled upon the dream and its interpretation, which God wanted Gideon to hear. Under God’s direction, Gideon slipped into the Midianite camp at night and listened as one of his enemies was telling the dream to another.
Behold, I dreamed a dream, and, lo, a cake of barley bread tumbled into the host of Midian, and came unto a tent, and smote it that it fell, and overturned it, that the tent lay along. And his fellow [friend] answered and said, This is nothing else save the sword of Gideon the son of Joash, a man of Israel: for into his hand hath God delivered Midian, and all the host.
And it was so, when Gideon heard the telling of the dream, and the interpretation thereof, that he worshipped, and returned into the host of Israel, and said, Arise; for the LORD hath delivered into your hand the host of Midian (Judges 7: 13b-15, KJV).
- Gideon is God’s man (mww1954.wordpress.com)
- GOD is with you (donnyprevette.wordpress.com)
- …For if ye believe not that I Am, ye shall die in your sins 032213 (carrlanebaptist1988.wordpress.com)
- Gideon becomes Israel’s judge – Judges 6:1-40 (2live4him.com)
- 03/20/13 Visible Faith (summit71.wordpress.com)
- “What should we learn from the life of Gideon?” (altruistico.wordpress.com)
- Numbers (pastorj3.wordpress.com)
- Gideon’s Fear, Faith and Fleece (Judges 6) (refreshmyheartinchrist.wordpress.com)
- Gideon Defeats the Midianites (Judges 7) (refreshmyheartinchrist.wordpress.com)
- Encouragement for All Willing to Speak Out God’s Truth (creationscience4kids.com)