The March for Life in Washington came and went, and I never got around to posting anything on this blog about Roe vs. Wade. In a way, I’m glad I waited until things quieted down.In a society like ours that prides itself on free speech, we hear so many voices–pro and con–about this, that, and the other. What about those who can’t speak for themselves, including but not limited to unborn children?
Years ago, Francis A Schaeffer and C. Everett Koop, MD, wrote a book and produced a video series called “Whatever Happened to the Human Race?“ The book and videos explore the slippery slope from abortion to infanticide to euthanasia.
I’m a retired registered nurse, and I have much to say about abortion because I delivered an aborted baby boy years ago when I working in a hospital in Northern Virginia. I will explain how this came to be and the effect it had on me in a subsequent post.
In the meantime, I’d like to point out that many crisis pregnancy centers (CPCs), which offer free services, exist in the United States. They are eager to help women with crisis pregnancies find alternatives to abortion. They provide maternity clothes, baby clothes, baby furniture, housing, referrals for inexpensive pre-natal care, and more. I know because I was secretary for a crisis pregnancy center for several years. One of the most painful aspects of working there was receiving calls from women with post-abortion stress syndrome. Women who regretted having abortions were among our strongest supporters.
- Actress Jennifer O’Neill Marches with West Coast for Life (breitbart.com)
- Backing Crisis Pregnancy Centers (vineoflife.net)
- Words About Protecting Our Children Ring Hollow (gadabout-blogalot.com)
- A friend’s testimony about her abortion… (peaceduringthestorm.wordpress.com)
- Noted Pro-Life Author, Anthony Horvath, Reaches Out to Parents Who Were Told the Worst, But Children Were Born Healthy (prweb.com)
- Ten Outstanding Pro-Life Articles (wellspentjourney.wordpress.com)
- MONAHAN: Gaining ground in a 40-year march on abortion (washingtontimes.com)
- Roe vs Wade. 40 Years of Murder.. (maddmedic.wordpress.com)
- Vitae Foundation Wants to Hear Your Pro-Life Story (vitaefoundationsblog.com)
- Pro-Life Advocates Urge GOP to Stay the Course on Pro-Life (patheos.com)